Why you should join the mission
Empower youth and families in rural Uganda through education and enterprise development.
Training: IYHA 101 and 102
Schedule: Varies depending upon events. Events may be day or evening and during week or weekends. Volunteers may select event based on personal schedule.
Training: IYHA 101
Schedule: Work is primarily conducted online with bi-annual meetings with the marketing team.
Training: IYHA 101, 102 and 103.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Research and Communications Project Coordinator will be under immediate supervision of the Executive Director, transitioning to general supervision after experience and training are gained. The intern will preform administrative and project-based work of entry level to advanced difficulty in an on the job training environment.
This internship is designed to provide a positive and practical work experience with an opportunity to grow and sharpen functional skills, and contribute toward the successful achievement of Into Your Hands-Africa goals and objectives.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Executive Director will assign tasks and monitor performance throughout the internship.
Internship Period: May 2018 through December 2018
10 hours weekly
Internship location: Posner Center for International Collaboration with an ability to work from home 50% of the time.
1. Serves as a supporting copywriter and lead editor; edits and helps determine layout of materials including; brochures, flyers, slides, presentations, web pages and web based communications
2. Design case studies to be used as collateral
3. Coordinates communication plan and develops awareness dashboard around outreach activities and events
4. Works with vendors to coordinate and manage production of brochures and materials for program projects, special events as well as printing of various brochures
5. Oversees and develops content for social media accounts
6. Analyzes donor demographics and donation patterns for every appeal.
7. Perform research as needed and prepare reports as appropriate to the research.
8. Assist Executive Director with general administrative tasks.
9. Design case studies and collateral material to be used in development campaigns.
10. Prepare performance reports of campaigns and make recommendations to modify future campaigns to improve results. Records and analyzes results of fundraising and marketing campaigns.
11. Maintain communication with similar organizations and provide summary information on their scheduled events and activities.
12. Assist the grant-writing program by researching granting opportunities.
PREFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Become familiar with organizational policies and procedures.
• Excellent time management skills and an ability to work independently
• Self-Driven and resourceful with a willingness to ‘jump in’ whenever possible
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills; ability to proofread
• A positive, flexible attitude
• Passionate about international nonprofit work
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. The ideal candidate is an undergraduate, graduate or recent alumni with a background and interest in non-profit or general business management, journalism, English or fundraising.
To apply for this unpaid internship with possible potential for growth, please submit a cover letter and resume to Kristy@intoyourhandsafrica.org